When It Comes to Sensitive Issues, You Need a South Carolina Family Lawyer Who Can Lead the Way.
Govan (Van) T. Myers’ practice focuses on complex divorce and custody cases in the family court.
As Lancaster family lawyers, we are used to dealing with highly emotional issues and complicated domestic situations. It seems like no two divorces or adoptions are ever the same, and it’s important to know that your legal needs will be met with care. It’s unfortunate, but hiring the wrong lawyer can make a messy divorce even more painful. If you find yourself always dealing with associates and paralegals and waiting days for a return call, then you are not getting effective legal representation when it counts the most.
Don’t let your attorney be part of the problem – hire a Lancaster divorce attorney with Trimnal & Myers, LLC, who will treat you with respect, handle your concerns with skill, and always be available to answer your questions. We’d be happy to meet with you to discuss your situation and individual needs. We provide a comprehensive initial consultation, which provides an overview of the law and how it applies to your specific circumstances. Give us a call at 1-803-285-6000 to schedule an initial consultation and start finding a solution today.
Whether you have filed for divorce, your spouse has filed for divorce, or you have questions about child custody issues, an experienced Fort Mill divorce lawyer will protect your interests and rights. We aim to build a relationship with each of our clients and to always keep you informed. If you have questions, we are here to give you real answers. If you are ready to move forward and file for divorce, or if you just want a better understanding of your legal rights in the event of a separation or divorce, we are here to prepare you for every step in the process.
What is “Family Law” in South Carolina?
“Family law” is a term that covers just about any legal situation affecting families in South Carolina, including:
- Divorce. If you are considering filing for divorce in South Carolina, even if your spouse agrees, there are still many issues to sort through, and you never know when tempers could flare or complications arise. Make sure that your rights and the rights of your children are protected by hiring a capable and experienced Lancaster divorce lawyer with Trimnal & Myers, today.
- Child Custody. Many divorces go smoothly until it comes to deciding custody of your children. We understand that this is an emotional time for parents, and we understand that the decisions made now could affect your family and your child’s development for years to come. Come in and speak with one of our Rock Hill child custody attorneys today to make sure that you get the best outcome in your child custody agreement or child custody case.
- Visitation/Parenting Time. When parents separate and there are children involved, it can threaten important family relationships. We place a lot of emphasis on making sure children are able to continue to forge loving relationships with both parents. Speak with a caring Fort Mill divorce lawyer for more information about getting a fair parenting schedule in South Carolina.
- Distribution of Property. In the event of a divorce, each spouse is entitled to an equitable apportionment of the marital assets. Marital assets may include real estate, retirement accounts, pensions, businesses, and personal property. It is important that you understand the law and what assets you may be entitled to in the event of divorce.
- Alimony. South Carolina law does allow for the Court to order alimony or spousal support based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The Court will examine a number of factors when determining the amount of alimony – or if alimony is appropriate at all.
- Marital Settlement Agreements. Although South Carolina laws does not specifically provide for a “legal separation,” couples who wish to live apart may be able to have marital settlement approved at the time of separation and have the agreement approved by the Court as to all issues resulting from the marriage including division of property, finances, child custody and visitation, child support, allowance of debts, and alimony.
- Adoption. The joyous decision to adopt a child can quickly become a painful emotional experience when complications arise. A Fort Mill adoption lawyer can help smooth over the rough spots in the South Carolina adoption process and help you get the new addition to the family into your waiting home.
- Prenuptial Agreements. Although it may seem strange to think about a prenuptial agreement when you’re in love and ready to marry, many couples see it as an opportunity to think about the future and make sure that fair and lovingly made decisions are in place just in case the worst happens. If you’d like to talk about what is covered in a South Carolina prenuptial agreement, give us a call at 1-803-458-8060 today.
- Paternity. If the paternity of a child is in question, you need to start working to protect your rights immediately. If you do not act quickly, it could have a major impact on your custody and visitation rights. If you have any questions about paternity in South Carolina, schedule a consultation with one of our Lancaster paternity lawyers.
Let Us Provide You with Peace of Mind During Tough Times
The Indian Land family lawyers with Trimnal & Myers, LLC, will explain your rights, walk you through each step in the legal process, and be by your side when decisions need to be made. We have experience handling family law cases throughout South Carolina, and we know how complicated these situations become. When you hire a qualified and compassionate Lancaster divorce lawyer, you can rest assured that you will be ready to take on whatever life throws at you. Take a moment to speak with us today at 1-803-285-6000